lighting power supply

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lighting power supply

Post  andysj3 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 am

Hi,
My light unit decided to pack up on me was running x2 MR16 21 LED 1.2 watt bulbs worked fine for 3 days then just went of. Changed bulbs to no avail hence power supply is knackered.As I found out Ofical edge power adaptor is for halogens and I should have been using an LED driver (which I hadnt read or seen any mention off when others did light mod from MR11 to MR16). I refuse to pay £36.00 for new light unit not including bulbs to Hagen and plus they want me to mess about posting light unit to them before they will send replacemnt. Obviously when they see its modded they might not send me a replacement despite having to pay for it as out of warrenty due to no reciept or proof of purchase. Can someone point me in the right direction of what power supply adaptor and driver (as I know I need now for certain adaptors) so I can get lighting up and running as just purchased x2 mr16 15 led 1 watt bulbs.

THANKS Very Happy

andysj3

Back to top Go down

Re: lighting power supply

Post  MrGator on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Andy,

When carrying out the MR16 mod, no LED driver is needed. A driver is only needed if using certain strip lights. MR11/MR16 LEDS are intended as direct replacements for halogens.

As for the replacement PSU/driver for a new set you could either trawl ebay and also do a strip light setup or carry out a CFL mod.

With regards to Hagen, as the lighting arm has been modded, any warranty is voided and they are well within their rights to ask for payment for the replacement part.

Magister
MrGator
Angelfish

http://www.fluvaledgeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum