Zebra danios

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zebra danios

Post  regbooboo on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Hiya all,

I bought a Fluval Edge while shopping for some dog food at Pets at Home - I was so attracted to the look of the tank. I have set it up correctly (I hope - I am a complete novice at fish-keeping!) P@H had their Edge set up and had 10 zebra danios seemingly swimming around happily in it. I have bought four zebra danios for my Edge but while searching the net for some advice on keeping healthy danios I am dismayed to read (on nearly every fishy forum) that it is wrong to keep danios in a 23 litre tank like the Edge. I am SO disappointed as I don't want to be cruel to my fish. I'm not sure if P@H will take them back in any event. Just wondering what you guys recommend about having 4 zebra danios. Thanks to all for letting me pick your brains!
Jackie

regbooboo

Back to top Go down

Re: Zebra danios

Post  uGlitch on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Zebra Danios should be kept in shoals of at least 4 or 5.
With 4-5 danios in the tank I'd recommend at least a 15 gallon tank. They are pretty energetic fish and they need their swimming space.
Also, for your fluval edge, did you cycle your tank yet? If not, you should look into it here:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=113861

Beneficial bacteria is what keeps your tank clean, if you don't have any in your tank, your ammonia, nitrates, nitrites will all spike, causing a toxic environment for your fish.
Good luck and have fun!

Cheers,
uGlitch

uGlitch
Neon Tetra

Back to top Go down

Post  dessie123 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:35 am

whits cloud mountain minnows are perfect for a fluval adge a shoal of 6-8 max looks lovely with a couple of snails toeat the left over food

dessie123
Guppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top